Friends of RMPLC
American Pointing Labrador Association
The objectives and purpose of the APLA shall be:
- Identify, certify, and promote a strain of Labrador Retriever that points game as a natural act while retaining the Labrador’s traditional superior ability to retrieve game on land and in water.
- Promote favorable national exposure for Pointing Labradors.
- Sponsor certification, advanced, and master level tests to identify Pointing Labradors and to judge their abilities.
- Promote ethical and effective breeding and training of Pointing Labradors.
- Accumulate data, and where possible promote studies, which may help understand the genetic basis for the tendency of some Labradors to point game.
- Promote sharing of information and training among members of the APLA.
- In conjunction with, and in addition to the foregoing, to engage in any other lawful acts or activities for which corporations may be formed under the Illinois Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, provided the Articles of Incorporation are amended as necessary to provide authority to engage in such activity
GunClub Labradors specializes in Labrador Retriever Dog Training – Field dog training is our specialty. We are a unique organization in the world of field dogs and Labrador retriever dog training. A variety of services are offered to the dog owner, emphasizing the knowledge and education of the owner / handler!
Training the Pointing Labrador
“Training the Pointing Labrador” is an indepth look at developing a responsive, easy to train and very proficient field dog and family pet.
Bearpoint Kennel and Black Forrest Kennel
Bring together years of Quality Breeding Programs and the determination of producing a Quality and Healthy Labrador Retrievers. The joint efforts, of the two kennels brings to you years of pointing Labrador blood lines. Dale & Brenda want to take these foundations of blood lines and make them work for YOU. We now bring to you Nine, 4X-Grand Master Pointing Retrievers and Eight Grand Master Pointing Retrievers in the breeding program. The true test of good genetics is seeing these Great Dog make it into the American Pointing Labrador Hall of Fame. The breeding program has produced FIVE Hall of Fame Dogs. Click here>
We are a family owned small breeder on the north eastern plains of Colorado, we strive to create a better dog that is an excellent hunter and family dog and one that is healthy. We also train all of our own dogs and run them in hunt tests in the spring thru the fall. All of our dogs are hunted in the upland and are great waterfowl hunters.
Our dogs are a very important part of our lives and live in the house with us, we have kennels set up in our house where they sleep at night. We love spending time with them everyday and watching them in the different hunt tests that they run. With their great personalities Labs make great family pets.
Point IV Performance Labradors
Point-IV-Performance Labradors is a small family run kennel started in 2007 now based in Parker, CO.
We have searched long and hard in order to locate our first dogs and feel we have found a very strong foundation to begin with. Our goal is to provide very limited breeding, with what we consider only the top dogs in the Pointing Labrador world. Our approach to this is to demand that only healthy, proven performers are bred, period. We understand that not all great dogs are titled, but these titles do without a doubt show a dogs ability to people looking for a top notch animal. To us, this means that our MALES & FEMALES will be required to have achieved titles such as GMPR, MH, HRCH, FC, AFC, QAA. Bringing not only top notch males, but also top notch females to the breeding table greatly increases the odds that we pass on outstanding litters to our customers. Our dogs will be bred to be great hunters, but incentives will be given to families that will participate in HT/FT through our “Puppy Title Program”.